P/T Personal Assistant Location: Irvine
Ref: 002/Irvine/JL (CASUAL)
Hours: CASUAL – to cover Holidays & Sick leave
Pay: £10.90 per hour
We are looking to recruit a CASUAL Personal Assistant for to provide a mixture of Personal care and Social support to a 44 year old man who lives in his own home in Irvine. Applicants must have a genuine passion for providing excellent care and support and can demonstrate professionalism and commitment.
The Employer has cerebral palsy, which affects his speech and coordination. He uses an electric wheelchair when out and about and a Voice Output Communication Aids to help him with his oral communications. What the employer lacks in physical ability, he makes up for in determination and the desire to be as independent as possible.
Good team working skills are essential as you will be part of a team of PAs. Some of the care and support you will assist with is provided within the employer’s home therefore, confidentiality and respect for the employer’s privacy is of the upmost importance.
Tasks the Personal Assistants will be required to undertake will vary according to the employer’s needs.
SOCIAL SUPPORT: May include
- Assistance to go attend the local swimming pool on a regular basis therefore applicants must be good swimmers who are comfortable in the water.
- Assistance to attend other social events as required including going clubbing / going for a walk / having a laugh / sitting at the fire pit outside the backdoor.
HOUSEHOLD TASKS: May include
- Preparing breakfast, lunch and evening meal (includes assisting with feeding when on duty)
- Making hot drinks
- Cleaning the fridge
- Food rotation and checking food dates
- Household cleaning and dusting, which will include the kitchen, bathroom, shower room, bedroom, lounge, hallway and stairs
- Doing the laundry and Ironing
- Changing the Bedding
- Cleaning of internal windows once a month
GENERAL TASKS: May include
- Going to the local shops/assisting me with my shopping
- Attending appointments
- Light household maintenance e.g changing a light bulb using the appropriate equipment e.g ladders.
- Reporting any repairs or maintenance to Housing Authority or appropriate authority/supplier.
- Light gardening – help me to keep my small garden tidy by cutting grass so that I can enjoy sitting out.
You must like cats as you may be required to assist with the feeding of my 2 kittens as well as cleaning the litter tray (gloves will be provided).
The above post is subject to the following:
There is 5.6 weeks A/L x contracted hrs, per annum attached to the post inclusive of Public Holidays
Job Descriptions are set around the employer’s needs, as is the rota and either may change in the future according to support needs.
Drivers with use of own car, current clean drivers licence and have (or be willing to get) business insurance) preferred but not essential as employer uses public transport and taxi’s when required.
Successful applicant will be required to provide 2 up to date reference contacts as well as undergo a new or update of the Protection of Vulnerable groups Disclosure.
Moving and assisting certificate will be a distinct advantage or willing to undertake training (at the employer’s cost).
There is a 6 month probationary period attached to the post, with a 1 weeks’ notice within this time if the post is not working out.
Previous experience in a caring role would be advantageous but not necessary. This post would be suitable for someone local due to some late finishing times.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Ref: 002/Irvine/JL (CASUAL)
Alternatively, please contact Jennifer Lee on 01294 475686 to request an application form to be completed and returned to:
Jennifer Lee, Self Directed Support Advisor
Ayrshire Independent Living Network
The Michael Lynch Centre for Enterprise
71 Princes Street
**PLEASE NOTE THAT AILN ARE NOT THE EMPLOYERS. WE ARE A SUPPORT & MAILBOX SERVICE FOR INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL EMPLOYERS AND HAVE NO INPUT INTO WHOM THEY DECIDE TO EMPLOY***