8 hours per week
(Dates and times to be arranged, with a chance of extra hours throughout the year)
Rate of pay £11.00 per hour
Young man in the Stewarton area with Mental Health Issues looking for a support worker for social support only (no personal care required) He lives in his own home and is a very able man.
The role with involve accompanying the young man to places like –
Attending health related meetings/appointments
And other social tasks.
Flexibility is very important.
Previous experience of working with adults with Mental Health Issues would be an advantage but not essential.
- Assessing the practical and emotional needs of a person and working with them in areas of need.
- Providing emotional support by talking to and listening to the person and their problems and concerns
- Assisting with domestic tasks such as meal preparation, cleaning, laundry and shopping
- Helping the person to budget and handle money
- Helping the person to participate in leisure activities
- Advising with practical issues
- Working with the person and her family in the most effective way possible skills
- An interest in people and a commitment to helping others
- The ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with vulnerable people and their families.
- A knowledge of the emotional and practical difficulties a person may face
- Good listening skills
- An empathetic approach to people
- The ability to gain the trust of people and their families and to build good relationships.
- The ability to carry out practical and domestic duties
- Good problem solving abilities
- An organised, efficient and flexible approach to the job
- Patience and emotional resilience
- A non-judgmental attitude regardless of the persons needs or situation
- A respect for client confidentiality
He will require some promoting/assistance with light housework duties also.
Successful applicant will have to supply 2 up to date Reference contacts, one must be from a present or previous employer and a undergo a new or update of the PVG disclosure scheme, prior to appointment (disclosure cost to be met by the employer)
There is a 6 month probationary period for the post.
If interested please email your up to date CV to – email@example.com or phone 01294 475694 and quote ref VSStwearton/1
**** Please note AILN are not the employers****Go back