Job Description and Person Specification CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TO 30TH NOV
16 hrs per week over 3 days, £10.50 per hr
Employer’s pension of 5% attached
Overall Responsibilities: To provide a consistently high quality information, advice and support service to meet the needs to people considering or using the options that Self Directed Support ( SDS ) offers to manage their own support.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To provide information in accessible formats to people wishing to consider or utilise the SDS options available to them.
- To make home visits or arrange office visits in order to provide support to people wishing to either employ and manage their own Personal Assistants or purchase support from a care agency. Travel throughout Ayrshire will be expected
- To support people in creating Job Descriptions for Personal Assistants and in arranging their staff selection process, including advertising and assisting with Job Interviews
- To support people in preparation of an employment contract for their Personal Assistants and in planning their induction.
- To support people in arranging training for themselves or their Personal Assistants to ensure ongoing learning and development needs are met.
- Assisting people who choose to employ Personal Assistants to understand their responsibilities as an employer.
- To maintain up to date computer records relating to new referrals and ongoing support provided to AILN customers.
- To provide information on organisations that will assist people who wish to employ their own Personal Assistants, to manage their payroll
- To ensure the highest level of practice in all aspects of Health and Safety including lone working and risk assessment
- To work in accordance with AILN Policies and Procedures and participate in on-going learning and development activities.
- Ensure Records are kept up to date to report back to designated manager for the 3 Local Authorities on targets to date.
- To promote equal opportunities in all of the work AILN do.
- Attend Team Meetings and Support and Supervision sessions, feedback to AILN Manager
- Any other duties agreed by the Manager and /or AILN Board, in line with the salary and requirements of the post holder’s job description.
|Qualifications||Must hold an HNC/SVQ at level 3 in Social Care or an equivalent level of qualification in a relevant role e.g. Social work, community education or other relevant occupation|
|Experience||Must be able to demonstrate experience in supporting people
Must be able to demonstrate a knowledge of SDS and the principles that underpin it
Ability to network with other agencies and professionals
Must have Previous experience or knowledge of disability issues
|Specific Skills and Knowledge||Must possess excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
Must be competent in IT including word processing, and using the internet to receive and send messages
Must be competent in writing up reports and following up with service users by telephone, emails, letter
Must be able to prioritise, organise, manage and maintain workload on a day to day basis.
Ability to support service users, their carers in a person centred and confidential manner
Must be willing to work alone as well as being able to demonstrate experience working within a multi-disciplinary team providing co-ordinated support to customers
|Must be willing to be flexible in working hours to meet the needs of AILN customers
Must hold a clean current driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes. AILN services cover 3 Ayrshire Local Authority areas with many customers living in rural areas. A mileage allowance will be paid by AILN.
Must be willing to participate in learning and development opportunities
To work in accordance with AILNs Policies and procedures.
To apply please call 01294 475685 for an application form or email email@example.com to request one.