Driver preferred, but not essential
Area Stewarton, East Ayrshire
Min hrs 20hrs Per Week, as well as cover for other staff sickness and Annual Leave
Working hours and days will be discussed at interview, but will include week days and weekends on a rota basis.
Pay Rates are
All hrs will be paid £11.00 per hr
***** This post may include the request to be able to work some extra hrs to cover when other Support staff are on holiday or sick leave
The client is a 45-year-old man with M.S who needs assistance in all types of personal and Social Care.
It is important to recognize that the support you may be employed to assist with will be provided within the gentlemen’s home, therefore confidentiality and respect for his privacy and daily routine is of the utmost importance.
You will be required to be respectful of other staff already in post and any visitors to the home, including family / friends and professionals.
Your role will be an employee and you should be professional in your manner whilst in the duties of your employment.
The tasks you may be required to do will vary, according to the gentleman’s needs, and will include the following:
Use of a tracking hoist, this is used for all transfers, transferring is done with 2 members of staff. Having an up to date moving and assisting certificate would be a distinct advantage.
The client has a Suprapubic Catheter fitted and is also Peg Fed, training for these will be provided.
The client’s apartment is attached to his parent’s house with them regularly visiting and on hand at any time for support.
The client has his own car and it is adapted for wheelchair use and will be used for social activities also any appointments he needs to attend. Having a Driving Licence would be an advantage to this post.
- There is a 6 month probationary period attached to the post, should the employer feel that your role is not working out, there will be 1 weeks’ notice, to terminate your contract of employment.
- Use of PPE and lateral flow test kits are part of the role.
- The post also accrues 5.6 wks paid annual leave per annum inclusive of Public Holidays, pro rata.
- You will be bound by the contract of employment and the terms and conditions within it.
- The employer may state when some of this annual leave has to be taken, the holiday year runs from the 1st April to 31st March, all annual leave must be used within this frame time.
The post is subject to the outcome of a New or update of the PVG disclosure scheme – cost paid by the employer and 2 up to date reference contacts, one should be your most recent employer
*** PLEASE NOTE AILN ARE NOT THE EMPLOYERS, WE ARE AN EMPLOYERS SUPPORT AND PAYROLL SERVICE ONLYGo back