Ref: Girvan/ EG / 10hrs
Personal Assistant Support workers required in Girvan
Hours: 10hrs per week min, but more hrs will be on offer to cover other staff A/L and sickness.
Shifts: shifts will take place within a 24hr care package , days and times to be discussed at interview
Wage: £9.30 per hr , paid 4 weekly in arrears.
Support worker / Personal Assistant required for physically disabled man in Girvan, working in his own home, as part of a team.
Duties will include all aspects of personal care, dressing, cooking, assist with eating / drinking / medication / cleaning / housework / general duties.
Will be using a manual hoist therefore moving and assisting certificate preferred, but not essential, as training can be given.
• Work as part of your team
• Work in a consistent manner alongside other team members, developing working relationships
• Be aware of good team communication, using systems in place, including attendance at team meetings
As an individual employee, you will:-
• adherence to internal policies and procedures
• Liaise and network with agencies and individuals where required
• Contribute to continuous improvements of existing ways of working
looking for staff who are able to demonstrate competencies and attributes in the following areas:-
• Reliable and trustworthy • Person-centred
• Adopts a common sense approach to their work
• Able to remain calm in stressful situations
• Flexible in terms of approach and availability for work
• A team player who can work well as part of a team
• Positive outlook and open to new ideas and change
• Able to demonstrate respect and commitment
• Able to negotiate, listen and communicate well and not be quick to judge others
• Comfortable with taking direction but can also work on their own initiative
• Is respectful and can maintain confidentiality
• Motivated to learn and develop new skills
** For this post you will be required to undergo a new or update of the PVG disclosure scheme at the employers cost.
To apply for this post please download an application form from AILN website, click on downloads.
email your application with ref Girvan/ EG / 10, back to:
The Michael Lynch Centre for Enterprise
71 Princes St
Please note AILN are not the employers we are a support and advice service to individuals who receive Self Directed Support funding to employ their own staff