Job Advert Oct 2018 Ref: 004 / Kilmaurs /JL
Casual Personal Assistant / Support Worker (Female)
Hours: 8hrs week 1 – 4hrs Sat and 4hrs Sun
10hrs week 2. ( T,W,F )
ROP: £9.00 per hour
Times to be discussed at interview
Personal Assistant / Support Worker required to support an elderly lady with Alzheimer’s in her own home and within the community. The lady requires support 7 days per week, therefore some flexibility required regarding your availability to provide cover.
The lady has a good sense of humour and this will be a very rewarding job for the right person.
- Support with getting out of bed / washing / dressing / breakfast required.
- Support to attend local activities including Centrestage, Musical Minds and Day Services
- Support to attend hair, podiatry and other appointments
- Taking the lady out for drives at the weekend / to cafes / for ice cream
Experience / Qualifications/ Qualities Required
- Experience of Alzheimer’s preferred, but not essential, as personalised guidance and training will be provided.
- Someone who is cheerful with a good sense of humour and the ability to provide active encouragement would be most suited to this role.
- You must be a driver with a current clean drivers licence, use of own car and have (or be willing to obtain) business insurance (fuel costs to be discussed and agreed prior to employment)
***This position is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
Successful applicants will have to provide 2 references (one of which must be your current or most recent employer) and undergo a New PVG Disclosure at the employers cost.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref: 004 / Kilmaurs/JL
Alternatively, please contact Jennifer Lee on 01294 475686 to request an application form to be completed and returned to:
Jennifer Lee, Self Directed Support Advisor
Ayrshire Independent Living Network
The Michael Lynch Centre for Enterprise
71 Princes Street
**PLEASE NOTE THAT AILN ARE NOT THE EMPLOYERS. WE ARE A SUPPORT & MAILBOX SERVICE FOR INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL EMPLOYERS AND HAVE NO INPUT INTO WHOM THEY DECIDE TO EMPLOY***Go back