2 F/T posts available, each post will be 28hrs and 1 S/O per week
Sleepover may be converted to daytime hrs to suit the needs of the employer
Rate of pay: £11 per hr daytime and £11 per hr sleepover (sleepover is 10pm – 8am)
- 112hrs and 4 sleepovers flexible, per 4 week period
- 6 month probationary period.
- Will be required to work extra hours to cover for other staff A/L , Days of work to be discussed at interview
- Full clean Drivers licence required
Must be a confident / competent driver
Experience in care sector is essential
Must have a current Moving & Assisting Certificate or willing to train
The employers are 2 brothers who live in the same household, they are both wheelchair users and both have a muscle wasting condition. Their Hobbies and interests are:
- Boccia, both are on the National Team, which is their main interest. This involves training upwards of 10 hours a week, as well as daily stretching and exercise which takes up most of their week and need support in these tasks.
They also between them like other sports – football, golf, snooker, American football, tennis as well as interests in music – classic rock, alternative, hip-hop.
They like going to concerts / cinema/ socialising with friends and family
Both young men relate and get on well with people within their own peer group
The family are looking to employ 4 workers to support both brothers.
This will include mornings / afternoons / evenings and overnights
Duties and tasks to be undertaken:
- Assisting with domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
- Treat both young men at all times as adults and as individuals, recognising their rights to choice, dignity, individuality, friendship and respect
- Assisting with personal care tasks (showering and dressing)
- Take part in training
- Willing to undertake training as required for the driving of the wheelchair accessible vehicle ( cost will be covered by the employer )
- Must be physically fit, this can be a physically demanding job
There is a 6 month probation period attached to this post, with a 1 week notice within this period if the post does not work out.
Full PPE will be provided and you will be expected to adhere to safe PPE working practise. Due to the employers health conditions, for Covid safety this includes the use of Lateral Flow Testing kits twice a week
All successful applicants will have to undergo a new or update of the PVG disclosure scheme ( cost covered by the employer )
Supply 2 up to date reference contacts
If you are interested in applying you can download an application form by logging on to www.ailn.org , click on documents at the top of page 1, click application form and then download. Please ensure you add the vacancy ref for the post you are applying for or email your CV
Application form to be returned to: email@example.com or post to Evelyn Gilchrist, SDS Manager, AILN, The Michael Lynch Centre for Enterprise, 71 Princes Street, Ardrossan, KA22 8DG
**PLEASE NOTE THAT AILN ARE NOT THE EMPLOYERS. WE ARE A SUPPORT & MAILBOX SERVICE FOR INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL EMPLOYERSGo back