Part Time Support Worker Job ref P&SG/Irvine
Part time support workers required POSTED 28th March 18
Job ref P&SG/Irvine
You will be employed to work with two adults (brothers) who have learning disabilities. You will support them to live as independent as possible within their own home and to access activities within the local community.
We are looking for individuals who have compassion and commitment, that can support making positive changes to someone’s life. You should have a positive, flexible and friendly personality and a calming and positive nature.
You will lone work as part of a team.
Your main role will be to plan and accompany the young adults on outings and allow them to engage in activities they enjoy while ensuring their safety. In addition to this they require assistance with cooking all meals, daily chores within their own home as well as assistance with money and time management.
Some assistance with personal care tasks may be required.
Hourly Rate: 8.45PH
Hours of Work: Initially Weekend Work: 10am – 6pm (Saturday and Sunday).
This could be alternate weekends ( Possible job share ) . This has the potential to be increased as the young adults adapt to change. There may also be occasions when extra hours are available to cover holiday periods, sickness etc.
- Experience of Working in Care with adults with extra support needs
- Tolerance of Animals (They have a Dog, Tortoise and Terrapin)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Reliable and professional in work ethic
- Eagerness to Learn and participate in any Training Provided.
- You will be required to provide 2 up to date Reference contacts
- Successful applicant will be required to undertake a new or update of the PVG scheme ( paid by employer )
- A non-judgmental attitude regardless of the persons needs or situation
- A respect for client confidentiality
Preferred but not essential:
To apply for this post please email your cv to or tel 01294 475685
Please ensure you put the Ref P&SG/Irvine on the application or CV
*** PLEASE NOTE AILN are NOT the employers, we are a support service for personal employers.